We are an enthusiastic, energetic and sometimes delusional, semi-psychotic bunch of Saffas that are quite simply passionate about South Africa! We started Phuthu as a fun site where we could share our thoughts, sudden epiphanies, delusional ideas, unadulterated opinions as well as laugh and cry with fellow Saffas, wherever in the world they may be. Mainly we try and cover the good stuff though, the news, the events, the people, places and opportunities. But where there is kak, and we all know, as in any country, there will be kak, we try and get some perspective on that kak and express that silent inner monologue!
We want Saffas to feel proud and positive about SA and excited about the wealth of opportunity that lies here. We want to make “doubtful” South Africans realise that this country is AMAZING, okay it is not Lala Land but then again neither is Sheep Country! South Africa is exciting, it has chemistry, magic and rhythm, yeah baby! This is one of the best countries in the world to live – So Stay Phut! Don’t Go!
And now we’d like to introduce you to the very creative, intelligent, beautiful, wise, wonderful, happy, funny, stupid, silly, crazy team here at Phuthu.co.za…Did I mention that we are beautiful? Well in case you need some verification on that, these collage stick-figures should do just the trick.
Isn’t she so cute?
3 vital facts you need to know about Katrine:
- She appears in various hair adverts. Not really, but I’m the agent and taking any offers.
- She only has one cup of coffee per day. RESPECT!
- She makes her man lunch everyday. Aww Shweet, nunu poo, hunni buns!
Arb question: Do they make extra-length jerseys for sausage dogs?
This woman can paint and play the violin but these are the real facts you need to know about Kerry:
- Kerry wears knee-length snow jackets to work
- Kerry wears Moon Boots to work
- Kerry works in Durban. It’s very very very cold in Durban.
This girl makes us cry everyday. Why oh why, you ask? Elzet is the only person we know to have:
- Dented every single corner of her car, plus the bonnet. All on separate occasions.
- Burnt her boyfriends flat down to smithereens.
- Taken someone else’s suitcase home from the airport by accident.
(by the way, for fear of jeopordising her chances of getting car or household insurance again, I changed her name. )
Since I’m writing this post, I get to select the following vital facts about moi:
- I don’t make my man lunch everyday. Sorry hun.
- I don’t wear Moon Boots to work. I find the Moon Suits much warmer.
- I did however, once upon a time, drive my bran new car home with …I’m hiding under the desk just thinking about it…the handbrake on.