Traditional South African recipe, spiced with cinnamon and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, can be served as either a dessert or a side dish.
2 cups cooked pumpkin, drained and dried off of any moisture
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
- Mix all the dry ingredients together into a mixing bowl including the pumpkin.
- Add the eggs, and mix well until a thick batter forms.
- Heat oil in a pan, using medium to high heat.
- Scoop up heaped tablespoons of batter, and drop into pan.
- Fry until golden on the underside, then flip over and fry on other side.
- Serve warm.