9 Thoughtful Gift Tips
- Don’t buy a card; it is ridiculously expensive and easy to make yourself. If you were last in the line when creativity was dished out, just make a small gift tag and add your name and a short message to it.
- A pot plant, cactus or orchid is always a winner – the gift that keeps on giving. Other easy but nice gift ideas are soaps, smellies and candles.
- Show off your domestic side by baking some cookies, rusks, brownies or make fudge. This will look beautiful in a colourful box with a loud ribbon.
- Be creative with vouchers. It can be anything from a babysitting voucher or a home-cooked meal to a free website design, photography session or art voucher.
- A frame and photo is always a good choice for family members or close friends. Another alternative is to buy a second-hand frame from a flea market and zhoosh it up with stain, beads or anything crafty.
- A great pitch-in gift is a recipe album in a scrapbooking format. Get all your friends or family members to each supply their favourite recipe. Add photos and write personal comments or tips. This makes for a lovely home-made gift and memento.
- If you fancy yourself a knitter, knit a pair of gloves, warm woolly socks or a scarf.
- Visit a bead shop and make your own necklace, bangle or earrings.
- Buy a plain item such as a letter rack, tissue box, book stands or a photo box from a craft shop and give it a unique look with decoupage.
It’s all about the thought and the presentation!