Yes, the recession is real but fear not. We would like to give you some real saving tips that will make a huge difference to your budget. Money saving tips is very much like diet tips: We all know what not to do yet we still get it wrong. For these tips to work, you actually need to implement them:
- Monthly Dinner Club. Get a few friends/couples involved and take turns to entertain instead of going to a restaurant.
- When inviting friends for supper, choose delicious budget meals like soup or potjiekos that won’t leave a hole in your wallet. These meals will be a great treat during the cold winter months. Remember, nights like these are not only about the food, but about the company.
- If you want to meet somewhere for drinks, do it during happy hour.
- Instead of spending more than you bargained for at the movies, organise a DVD or games evening. Get your friends to each contribute snacks like popcorn, chips & dip, drinks etc.
- If you really feel like a big screen experience, go on a Wednesday night when NuMetro has a discount evening.
- Get your friends to join you for a picnic where each one is responsible for his own snacks and drinks. Take a blanket, games like chess or a ball for the kids to kick around and have a lazy outdoors afternoon instead of hanging around in a mall that will eventually cost you money.
- Cut down on take-away meals and start doing some wholesome cooking!
Put this into action for at least a month or two and let us know how this is working for you. Better yet, send us some of your own money saving ideas!