- In 1999 there were 1.1 million more females than males in South Africa. In 2008 there are only 106,000 more.
- For urban South Africans who have access to the internet, 43% of those aged 55+ use it for banking. This is only the case for 23% of 20-34 year olds.
- South Africa is the world’s largest producer of macadamia nuts and the nuts and oils are exported to countries across the world.
- There are only 12 countries in the world that supply tap water that is fit to drink, and South Africa is one of them. Our tap water quality is third best overall in the world.
- There are roughly 3.2 million Zimbabweans living in South Africa. Those who have been living in South Africa for five years or more have been granted permission to vote in the upcoming elections.